Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pipe the sweet birds in ignorant cadence

About a month has passed, and no calls from Aiden. All Gwen could think about is if she scared him away, what she did wrong that night, what the hell happened, anyway?

All of a sudden, she was in the bathroom, nauseous out of nowhere. It's not like this hadn't happened before, about a week ago, in fact. She wondered what was going on.

When she came out of the bathroom she checked the calendar on her wall. Then, it hit her.

Oh, shit. My period was supposed to be two days ago. I'm...

Without thinking, she picked up her phone and started dialing.

Ring, ring...

Hey, it's Aiden, sorry I couldn't get your call. Leave a message. *Beep*

Gwen was in tears, "Aiden... I have to talk to you. I think... I think I might be pregnant." She left it at that. She knew he wouldn't call back, but she felt better by telling him.

About ten minutes later, she got a phone call. Her heart jumped. Aiden.

"Hello?"

A moment of silence. "Gwen?"

"Yeah?"

"I can't be with you anymore." Gwen was silent, trying to take the news the best she could. "I'm married. You were nothing but a free ride."





She hung up. I won't listen to this, she thought to herself. She thought about some of her options. Abortion was one. But mother wouldn't like that. Adoption? No, mother wouldn't like that either.

But who will help me? I can't do this alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment