Thursday, October 27, 2011

Another Sims 3 issue

I swear to goddess that every single time I get to the middle of a good story, Sims 3 fucks up.

Here's what's going on:

Last night, I could play just fine. I prepped a little more for a new story that I *was* going to try. This morning, I tried opening my launcher. It worked just fine, until I hit the play button. It then went into (Not Responding). So, I did the whole reboot trick. Nothing. I found that my savedsims AND mods folder had disappeared. System Restore. I still am not able to make my launcher work, but I have been able to use the application in My Computer\Program Files (x64)\Electronic Arts (etc) ... When I open the game it works fine, but when I get to my games it just shows the outline of the parents and an error when I try to load the file.

I found a thread on the Sims 3 forums about the same issues after I checked my files again. Everything was there except for my savedsims folder. I checked my saved games folder and it has all of my games and their backups. When I looked at the thread, and saw where someone had said to delete the backup and the file should work, I did so and opened my game again. The saved game did not work.

I went to page two of the thread, and saw that someone had said this:

"now by any chance was it the download version. i had that happen to me when i got the download version of ol stuff and so did many other people at the time . all our saved games just vanished completely, i asked on tech forum and ea cs and was told there is no way to get these lost games back. so before i get any download ep or stuff ,i will now always back up all my sim game files."


and this:


"That happens to me. In it's place are the sillouettes of two people and a baby with a blue vortex like backround."


So, I have come to the conclusion that I cannot get my games back, nor will my game work until I reinstall the game. I have been looking for a solution for over two hours. (I will note here that I am a very fast reader and typer, imagine the solutions I can find in two hours. I found nothing that helped me.)


So this marks the end of the story for now, unless I decide to continue the story without my sims game. The story will end up being in real time, and be a little more realistic, but you will not have the luxury of seeing my pretty sims. (Sadface). I will put up a poll for it soon. 


Blessed be.

No comments:

Post a Comment