Saturday, October 22, 2011

Beauty is not caused. It is.

After Agathe left, Gwen became very aware of how alone she was. As she sat on the couch with her guitar strung out on her lap, her thoughts drifted to the life forming in her belly.

This isn't so bad, I suppose. Babies are cute, and she... or he... is of my blood... How can I possibly hate that?


Of course, I'm going to need a bigger place to live if I'm going to raise a child... 

She got up and gracefully sat in front of her computer to look at local real estate. Gwen scrolled through page after page of single bedroom houses, wondering if she'd ever find something to suite her needs. Suddenly, her eyes fell upon a three-bedroom house, and only for about 60k simoleons.

Gwen used the next few days to call the agent, and make plans to move. Finally, after a week of stress and nausea, she had packed and moved. Within the few days afterwards, with the help of Agathe, she had unpacked.


"Agathe, are you still living with your parents?" asked Gwen when they sat down after a long day of unpacking.

"Yeah, I've been looking at houses, though. I just can't figure out what I want to do, and I don't really want to settle here without thinking it through."

"Why don't you move in with me, then?" Gwen had been considering having Agathe around. "I could use some help when this baby comes about."

Agathe agreed to move in, "I'll take the downstairs bedroom. You hoping for a boy or a girl?"

Her statement made Gwen smile for the first time in days. Her hand went to her belly, "I would love to have a little girl in my life."

"Well, she can call me Aunty Aggie!" Agathe exclaimed. The girls giggled for a few seconds. "I suppose I should go and talk to my rents, and start packing."

"I'll go with you --" Gwen started.

"Don't bother Gwennie-poo. I don't want you to stress your body more than you have to. Lubbs you, and I'll see you soon." Agathe told her, and promptly left.

That night, Gwenith lay in bed thinking of the day's events, and realized that her statement about having a girl was very true. And her name... is Katsa Jade, she thought. The nursery, though. That was the tough part. What would her theme be? Gwen's thoughts drifted to the empty bedroom that would become the baby's room.

I'm so very grateful to have such a wonderful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment