Sunday, October 23, 2011

After great pain, a formal feeling comes. The Nerves sit ceremonious, like tombs.

Later that day, as Gwen was leaving the supermarket after going through a long grocery list, she spotted a familiar face just outside.


She stared for about 15 seconds trying to put a name to his face. When he suddenly looked up she got it.

"Alister?" she asked, knowing she was right.

"Gwenith?" he said her name too, and now his eyes were moving to her now showing belly. "Are you...?" he pointed to her tummy.

"Um... Yeah. Long story."

"Then why don't we get coffee together or something, we need to catch up."

Gwen looked at her highschool sweetheart with disbelief. He had left her back then, is he asking her out? "I have to go. Frozen groceries and whatnot."

"I'll help you."

Gwen was about to protest but he grabbed some of her grocery bags out of the cart and started putting them in the trunk of her car.

"Why don't I come over, I'm sure you'll need help putting them away, too."

"I have a roommate who can help me, but thank you."

"Why don't I come over anyway?"

She blushed at his offer. Why not? "Okay... Get in."

The ride home was silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment